Monday, May 12, 2008

OK---me being pissy actually worked for once---5-07-08 to 5-08-08

Ok. From the last post you know that I was impatiently sitting at work waiting to go into labor. Well----I left work that day and went to do therapy at a child's house. After 5 minutes of working with him, I was sitting on the floor and all of a sudden, my water broke. I didn't know what it was at first---I actually thought I might have peed on myself even though that hadn't happened since I was little. After the huge gush of water that happened next, I knew it was my water breaking. The mom of the child offered to take me to the hospital (thanks for everything Betsy!!!!!) but since I was close to home, I met Randy at our house and we left for the hospital together.

Me and Randy waiting for the labor to start


The labor was actually fine--we watched Jason get kicked off of American Idol--FINALLY!!!! The nurse asked me if I wanted an epidural yet. I heroically said "no" and it wasn't 20 minutes before I was in the most agonizing pain of my life. I think I said "Please help me" 5000 times which was the only thing I could get out of my mouth. At least it wasn't the f-bombs that were predicted. After the epidural, it was smooth sailing. Smooth sailing that is, until the 2 hours of pushing. That wasn't painful, but it was very exhasuting. At 4:00 AM on May 8, Delaney Jeanne entered the world. Randy cut the cord and my mom took a million pictures documenting the event. My crotch was seen by the entire Baptist Hospital but I could care less. My little girl was here and it was the most amazing thing that has ever happened.


Mom holding Delaney just about ten minutes after birth. Mom has picked her grandma name to be "Gigi". It is sooooo much better than the other options: Diva (eliminated immediately), Bubby, Yaya, and Fifi.


Me and Delaney. I don't think I have ever smiled bigger in my life.




Delaney at her first weighing. Randy got to be there for all of this. She weighed 6 pounds 13 ounces at birth and was 20 inches long. Other neat observations: cone head (gone already), the most perfect nose in the world, and the biggest feet in the world. Her little, I mean big footprints, wouldn't even fit inside the boxes on the little keepsake page they gave us.


Soooooo----my crankiness paid off. Delaney was polite and punctual and came right on time. What a perfect child. I couldn't ask for anything more. I love her so much.







1 comment:

Su said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her in person!