Monday, March 9, 2009

Zoo Outing

I forgot to state in my earlier posts that I went to the zoo on Friday with Delaney, Maxie, and her boyfriend Ryan. I didn't have the camera because Randy had it with him at work that day. Maxie got some pictures so hopefully I will be able to add them later. Here was some highlights:
1) The farm---Delaney fed the goat and loved it when he slurped her hand with his tongue. She then proceeded to bang him on the head and he didn't mind a bit. She attempted to do the same thing to the cow but he spit on us. Delaney had a large chunk of green lettuce that landed on her face. It was actually quite amusing.

2) The gorillas---We went to see them being fed and the huge gorilla caught the head of lettuce like a football. Delaney was jumping up and down and kept clapping in excitement.

3) The lorikeets---This exhibit you can walk through with a small cup of nectar and the lorikeet birds come and land on your head and arms to drink the nectar. I was holding Delaney in one arm and I had about 4 birds on the other arm. I was slightly nervous but Delaney just stayed calm and watched all of the birds. It was great.

Delaney really loved the zoo and I hope to take her a lot soon. Maybe she will be the future primatologist that I always wanted to be!

No comments: