Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Auntie Judy and Uncle O come to visit

My Aunt Judy and Uncle Orlando came to SC from Maine to visit this week. It was so so so wonderful to see them and I already wish I was able to see them longer. They stayed in Charleston because Charleston is definitely a lot more exciting than Columbia. I don't blame them!!! They were so wonderful to drive into Columbia on two different days during their visit to hang out with us. On Easter Sunday, they had dinner with us at the house along with Grammy and Nana. Grammy made a fabulous dinner of beef briscuit, duck, potato casserole, green beans with almonds, and pecan pie! We were stuffed!


Aunt Judy and Uncle O pose for the camera. Next year--they will have been married 50 years!!! They are so much fun to hang out with and I love hearing about my cousins and how they are doing and how their children are doing. I hate that everyone is so far away!

Aunt Judy and Uncle O brought Delaney a bunch of new books for her upcoming birthday. Delaney's favorite so far is Pete's a Pizza. My personal favorite is Sylvester and The Magic Pebble.

On Tuesday, Randy and I had the day off from work and the four of us went to DiPrato's for lunch (best pimineto cheese in the world). We then went to the art museum to see an Impressionist exhibit that consisted of paintings that two sisters from Wales had purchased over the years and then donated to Wales. It was amazing to see Manets, Cezannes, and Van Goghs here in Columbia. There was a painting there by Renoir called "The Parisian Girl" whose name was Henrietta Henroit. My grandmother's maiden name was Henroid--and Judy told me that when her ancestors came to the United States from France, they changed their name from Henroit to Henroid to make it easier. So---I am related to the Parisian Girl!!!

Judy looks surprised while holding Delaney.

Auntie Judy and Uncle O pose with Delaney while she claps in excitement.

No comments: