Sunday, June 28, 2009

We live for the weekend

Not much to report this week. Both Randy and I are having work issues so we just count the days until Friday. Delaney is having some attachment issues at daycare where she follows her teacher around and has meltdowns when she leaves. She loves Mrs. Angela. Delaney will sometimes do this to Randy at home because she is such a daddy's girl so I am trying to give Angela some tips on what to do at daycare to distract her or make her feel better. Some of these distractions are: animal crackers, playing the hide and surprise game, books, or singing "Stomp Your Feet" or "Itsy Bitsy Spider".
We celebrated Nana's birthday on Friday night with the fam at Bonefish. The dinner was delicious and Delaney was quite perfect. She liked waving at other diners. She lasted the whole time but then got sleepy near the end (after her huge piece of chocolate birthday cake) and wanted to cuddle with Grammy.

We bought Delaney her own beach chair this weekend for our upcoming beach trip. She plays with it inside currently, either sitting in it for a snack or a book or pushes it around the room with her new horse Noodles in it.



Randy and I spent the day on Saturday at Lake Murray with our friends Mary Holland and Chris on their boat. We had such a blast!!! Randy went wakeboarding and I relaxed on a float. Quite a perfect day.


These next two pictures capture Delaney making very funny faces. I realized after taking them that the camera was turning on this bright red light before I took a picture which I guess caused Delaney to squint and get uncomfortable. I fixed the light so no future pictures will capture this face.


After the light on the camera was fixed, I was able to take a great picture of Delaney looking adorable in her outfit reading her books.


One of Delaney's favorite games is the "Where's Delaney" game where she closes the door and then opens it and gets so excited that you are there.


She just makes me laugh chug-a-lugging with her sippie cup.

Silly little thing in her new beach chair.

Miranda is sporting the 3-D glasses we got when we went to see UP. The theater had a sign saying to deposit them for recycling purposes after the end of the movie. Randy and Miranda were nice people and returned theirs. I kept mine because not only did I have to pay $3.50 more for the movie, I thought they were quite cool. Whomever is wearing them gets that Harry Carry look---"If the moon were made of cheese---would you eat it?"

No comments: