Friday, November 20, 2009

Bananas and Turkeys

Delaney's new favorite toy is this ridiculous stuffed banana that I won her at The State Fair this year. She sleeps with it, hugs it nonstop, and even tries to take it in the bath with her. The other day I caught her trying to ride it like a pony. Wow.



Delaney got all suited up to go to my Shandon Turkey Trot 8K race. Before we left, she showed us how she can do the Moonwalk. I don't have a video yet, but yes, she does the actual Michael Jackson moonwalk. My child is the shizzle.



I did great in the run. It was a 5-miler and my time was 39:10. I came in 19 out of 77 women, which I think was pretty good. There were some real serious runners there that day. The course was really stupid---you did a great 2.5 miles, nice and flat, and then at the end you did the same 2.5 miles again. With all of Shandon to run in, I thought that was pretty stupid. Oh well. Delaney and I hugged the nice turkey they had at the end.

No comments: