Sunday, March 14, 2010

St. Patty's Day and the other Big P

Delaney starts out the morning looking hip in her "Pinch Proof" hat and "Good Luck Charmer" shirt.

Randy and I did the 5K Run to start out the day and it was beautiful weather for once during this festival. I did really really good---beating my time from last year by 30 seconds. My time was 24:06 which I thought was great. There were over 1500 runners and 150 in my age group. I came in #9 in my age group. Not too shabby. See below story to see why my babbling makes sense....

My mom came to watch the race and hang out with Delaney. Delaney decided to take advantage of the runner's snacks that were provided and chowed down on a banana and green bagel.

Delaney and her daddy get ready for the parade. Now...this isn't a big parade by any means...but we still get pretty darn excited.

Grammy, Delaney, and Randy watch some sort of float/truck/random parade item go by.

3 generations of silly looking St. Patty's girls.

I didn't do an official costume this year like I've done the two past years (and won 3rd place thank you very much) but I still managed to look pretty ridiculous.

It seems to be a tradition now of taking the annual St. Patty's Day picture in front of Delaney's.

And if that other picture looked familiar---this one might too. You know that picture at the bottom of the blog where it is just Randy and I and I am pregnant and we are in front of Delaney's? Well--this picture is pretty similar. You know why??????? Drum roll........I AM PREGNANT!!!!! Yay!!!! I am now 12 weeks along and my due date is September 29. We will find out the sex soon and will be letting everyone know. I think girl and Randy thinks boy so we will see. I am sorry if I haven't contacted you personally to let you know this information but as anyone who has ever had a toddler knows....life is quite busy. I thought this St. Patty's/Delaney's tradition would be a good way to break our happy news. I am feeling wonderful with no bad symptoms whatsoever. Just like how I was with Delaney. This is why I am thinking girl. You know how I was so excited babbling earlier about my good race time? Well yeah....pregnant girls can run. Watch out!

Doesn't doodlebug look cool posing as the muscled tattooed man?

3 comments:

Su said...

AAAAAH! Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you all! Great race time too. :)

Su said...

PS - Just realized he/she might be born on my birthday! Or Randy's!

Jess said...

Congratulations! I heard from my mom but I wanted you to officially announce before I said anything. Please let me know what you are having since I need to start some projects :O)
Jess