Thursday, May 27, 2010

Potty Trained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are Delaney's new flower lights from IKEA. She loves them. This is how I usually find her after a nap---lights on and everything in her room piled on her bed.

Delaney having a mommy moment---freezing inside the house.

This picture captured a happy moment from the weekend from hell....I mean the potty training weekend. Being my anal retentive self---I decided to try this method I found online called the "3 Day Potty Training Method". I bought the little manual and read up and thought Memorial Day weekend would be perfect because it gave me an extra day.
This is how the plan works in a nutshell: 1) Throw out diapers 2) Put Delaney only in t-shirts and big girl panties 3) Don't leave Delaney's side for 3-4 days---to pee, cook, do laundry---anything. 4) Capture Delaney with every accident and race her to the potty.

OK---sounds simple right???? Well--me being a person who likes to stay on the move it was very difficult to sit right beside Delaney for 4 days. I love her---but you don't realize how precious it is to go get a glass of water from the kitchen by yourself. Bless his heart---Randy was supposed to help but had to work all weekend so it was just me and the Doodlebug. I don't know who cried more...poor Delaney from the accidents and me driving her crazy ("Back up mommy!!!!") or me from blaming myself for each accident and being emotionally exhausted. Anyhoo---Day 3 was the worst and Day 4 was slightly better but not great. I was beginning to get real frustrated but then had to keep on trucking and bring her to Daycare on Day 5.
The week at Daycare had its ups and downs but wasn't that bad..........and then.....

***Note---this was written actually on June 6-------Delaney is potty trained!!!!
She says "I need to go potty" and will even let me know this at public places (Publix, etc...) and has no fear about those restrooms and will stop fun activities such as swimming to go inside and use the potty. She will still wet herself sometimes at night...but I know that is harder. Nothing a good pair of training pants won't help with! That way she is wet and comes and gets me to use the potty but her bed stays dry. No more diapers for this family!!!!!!! As Delaney would say..."I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So it took a week--not 3 days----but we did it. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both Delaney and I feel like freakin' rock stars.

No comments: