Thursday, June 16, 2011

Beauties and Ballerinas

Dead roach imitation courtesy of Olive

Bathing beauty in her little mushroom pool in her super cute bikini

Maya tries out Delaney's little bike.


We signed up Delaney to take ballet/tap classes at her daycare. A local dance company comes to the daycare and gives small classes to the kids. This idea is so great because I love that Delaney can have a dance class because I know it would be so hard for us to get her there during the week. She has been beside herself thinking about starting the class and has been wearing her leotards and ballet shoes and tap shoes. On the morning of her first day, she was extremely excited but then had a meltdown when I wanted to take her picture to capture the moment.


At school and all smiles. Little cutie pie with her leotard. D's friend Callie--her mom Cheryl e-mailed me and said that her husband had dropped off Callie at school right when the girls were lining up to go to dance. She said that Callie was having a bad day and crying. Delaney reached out her hand and Callie grabbed it and they never looked back. That little story brought tears to my eyes. Picturing all of the little girls all lined up in their leotards and shoes and so excited to dance is just the cutest thing ever.

My two girls. Little Maya loves to fall asleep on me at night. She definitely won't let others take her while I am around which is flattering...but sometimes exhausting. She flirts with people and laughs while I am holding her but then nuzzles into my neck and grabs on hard like a little monkey.

Delaney has been doing a cute thing lately. She loves loves loves to have books read to her at night but little did we know she is memorizing them. We knew she had an amazing memory for song lyrics because she knows every song she has ever heard. They have these Princesses at Target that sing about 3-4 lines of their song (ex: Ariel sings "Part of Your World"). Delaney knows the Ariel song--every word---and she has NEVER seen that movie. And we don't go to Target that often. I am amazed by her all of the time. Anyway---she is now memorizing books. Randy and I will sit on the couch at night and we can hear her through the monitor reciting the entire "Go Dog Go", "Goldilocks", or many other favorites. It just cracks us up.

No comments: