Friday, July 15, 2011

Man vs. Food Nation Video Entry

This is the video I made to enter the Man vs. Food Nation contest. Man vs. Food is this show on The Travel Channel where Adam Richman travels across the US to various restaurants and tastes their food and then enters an eating contest at the end. The eating contest usually consists of some 10 pound burger or something that he has to eat within 30 minutes. It is gross and fascinating at the same time. Well---Adam started a new show called Man vs. Food Nation where he gets other people besides him to enter eating contests. He put out a contest for new people on the show to submit a video stating who you are, where you are eating, and why you should be on the show. Columbia, SC has absolutely no restaurants with current eating contests so I chose one of my favorite locations---Rockaway Athletic Club. They have the best pimiento cheese fries in the world.
Now I was an idiot with entering the contest because I couldn't upload my video for a long time and kept wondering why. Not only did I have to submit a video but 3 essay questions about who I am, memorable food experience, and any food contests I have previously entered. After re-writing the answers to these questions about 10 times due to uploading difficulties I finally gave up. I e-mailed the contest people and pleaded with them to take my youtube video and answers to the questions. I hoped for the best---and they e-mailed me back the next day and said I was entered. I guess they want another stupid person on TV.
I haven't heard anything yet so keep your fingers crossed. If you know me well----you know I can do an eating contest with the best of them. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Su said...

If anyone can win, it's you! I have many fond memories of you putting down the Wendy's Superbar. Rockaways is a close second to that goodness.