Sunday, September 18, 2011

Maya's First Birthday Party!!

The party started with two relaxed cousins in a dog bed.

Maya's birthday orange balloons.

We did a pumpkin theme for two reasons: 1) Her birth announcements were pumpkin so I just went with the original. 2) Maya is truly a little pumpkin. From the thighs to the cheeks.

Our spread courtesy of Grammy.

Pumpkin hanging accessories and little pumpkins everywhere.

Maya was decked out in her "1" onesie and handmade tutu courtesy of Cathy---my little jellybeans's mom. Jellybean (obviously not her real name) is a little girl I treat at work that I absolutely adore. Her mom is super crafty and made her this adorable pumpkin tutu. Bubba jumped in this shot with me and my birthday cutie.

Maya showed off her fridge magnets to Carson and Keely.


Keely is my friend Jennifer's little girl who is just a couple of months younger than Maya. She is so cute!!



Carson shows me that she is one.





Randy and Carson

Keely and Maya's dance off

My friend Jennifer is one of my oldest and dearest friends. We hadn't seen each other for a long time until about a month ago and we went out to dinner and reconnected. She is so special to me and I was so excited that she and her husband Anthony brought their daughter Keely to the party.

Me and Kelli

Maya admires her birthday balloons.

"I'm one!"

The birthday tiara that lasted a second.

Waiting on the cake and wondering what everyone is doing.


Maya gets her pumpkin smash cake at her first birthday party. She is dainty at first.....



And here's where the fun begins.









Maya LOVES her some smash cake.

Delaney and Morgan have their pumpkin cupcakes.

Looking a bit worn out after the cake but still ready to open presents.

Anthony, Jennifer, and Keely

A typical scenario---Delaney snatching Maya's toy from her and Maya having a mini-fit. It happens approximately 12 times an hour.

Just showing who was there at Maya's party.

Maya in her favorite present---her personalized armchair from Grammy.

Maya looks rougher and rougher in these pics---a mixture of massive amounts of sugar and overstimulation. My sweet child.


Right before Nutty went to take Maya for a bath she had a bit of a bottle--looking quite sleepy. Nutty was awesome at the party---she really helps so much with the girls and I was so grateful.

After a bath Maya still managed to eat dinner after eating almost her entire smash cake.



Delaney and Morgan had a little dinner too.

Maya and Keely continued to play nicely together as the men watched the football game in the other room.



It was a wonderful party and I can't believe my sweet baby is one!!!
Happy 1st Birthday to my little pumpkin Maya!!!

1 comment:

Su said...

Wow - Keely looks just like Jennifer's baby pictures!! I love that y'all were able to celebrate your little pumpkin together. Happy birthday to Maya!