Saturday, December 31, 2011

End of the year excitement

For those of you who don't know, I will be starting a new job at the beginning of the year. This wasn't exactly my choice, but it is what it is. It is actually an extremely disheartening story that involves many moral and intelligent dilemmas. I used to work at The Therapy Place and now I don't. Not exactly sure the real reasons they wanted to get rid of me but perhaps I will never know. All I know is the reasons stated were "financial" and I was offered less money and had to work more hours. Enough said. If you would like to hear more on this story please do not hesitate to ask. There are many other issues involved, along with some honesty issues, and I would be happy to share. Just don't want to say too much here.
All I know is....I am a damn good OT if I do say so myself. I have always received the highest respect from previous employers and the parents of the children I treat have always been impressed. Because I have been doing it so long, I might not know the newest treatment, and I am definitely not anal retentive about my therapy, but I think my laid back style works for a lot of kids! So....personally I think it is their loss.
I am now doing home care for Easter Seals. I used to work for Easter Seals when they had a clinic and when the clinic closed I left. Easter Seals has always been wonderful to me and I am so happy to be a part of the organization again. I have been receiving lots of referrals and love the independent atmosphere and the ability to make my own schedule. I also love love love the flexibility and that I can see my children when I want and leave the house at a good hour and pick them up at a decent hour. Being a mom is the best job in the world and having the time that I need with my two precious children is priceless.
So enough about that. Ready to shed the bitter feelings and move towards my new exciting job. As I am writing this, it is actually my second week into the job and I wouldn't change a thing. The children and families are fantastic and everything is amazingly working out. This is wonderful.

1 comment:

Moments in Time said...

You are a damn good OT and I miss working with you. Maybe one day the timing will be right for us to work together again. I'm seeing a few Babynet clients so perhaps we will cross paths. we have to get together sometime and catch up!
Melissa Carter