Friday, May 4, 2012

Dance Recital

Before I get started on this post----drum roll please....we sold our house!!!!!!!!!! Closed April 30th. My dear friend Andrea pointed it out to me that I had not posted it yet and I can't believe I let that small piece of information just pass me by. The couple that bought it is a young couple with no children and they were a bit difficult to deal with but whatever. We ended up going and taking all of the window treatments for spite and actually took the playset because I was obsessing over it and the one at our current house needed some work. We had just bought that beautiful playset a year before and I wanted the girls to have a good one. The couple was bickering and trying to get a new roof out of us even though one was put on 5 years before. They also wanted a digital something for the roof (I have blocked the name because I am so over it) versus a regular one and basically they wanted upgrades and not regular fixing stuff that came up with the inspection. We didn't exactly get the money we wanted but ended up meeting them halfway from original offer. We basically broke even which is fine. Houses in that neighborhood really aren't selling and our house sold for more than a lot in that area so I think we did quite well. I was getting really sad thinking that our old house was going to be gone but now that it is gone I feel much better. I needed for it to be completely gone to get over it. I was thinking about when the girls were babies and looking out of the windows in their nurseries while feeding them and thinking of the wonderful times we had in the pool, etc....After I got over reminiscing, I realized that we are going to have quadruple the memories in our new house and in the 9 months we have been here, there are more memories to even count. Delaney still talks about our old house but we are steering the conversations towards the negative parts of it---like the "waspssss" in the backyard, the small bedrooms ("Yours is soooo much bigger now!) and the bigger backyard. Delaney states that the thing she misses about the old house is the "attic". Huh??? I don't think she knows what she is talking about. She has placed an idea in her head that there were "monsters" in the old house so if she would like to think that and that helps her get over it...then I will go along. Our new house has absolutely no monsters and we love it. So au revoir Whiteoak. You were an amazing house for five years and my baby girls spent their first years there and I will always love you for that. But peace out. We have moved to bigger and brighter places.
Delaney had her first dance recital and she was so excited.



All of the little girls in her class had matching tutus and headbands.



My pics from the recital are fuzzy but I did what I could. After seeing these pics I think Randy got a big idea for mother's day. More on that at a later date.....



Warning:: These videos are all fuzzy and of poor quality but I just had to capture my little doodle dancing. Here they are marching into the recital. Delaney is I think the third one but they call her name. She poses the wrong way at first which is super cute. Love how she sticks her bottom up in the air and they all go make a clown car. It was really the cutest thing. You can barely see her but those hips are shaking and legs are kicking. Delaney practiced this one so much beforehand. She had the song down. So cute. Delaney runs and leaps across the room at her dance recital.
The girls got flowers and certificates at the end of the recital.








Delaney posing with her friends Libbie and Stella after their big dancing night. The show was about 30 minutes long and very very good. I was so pleasantly surprised. The teachers really know what they are doing and the girls were actually dancing versus spinning in circles. I am so proud of my little one who took it very seriously and followed all directions. She might not be the most coordinated child in the bunch, but she loves dance and we will keep sending her to dance class as long as she keeps loving it.







We celebrated at Yummilicious after the show with some fantastic yogurt and chocolate sauce.




Libbie's dad Fred got some much better pictures so I was able to get some of these.


This was the clown car part which was hysterical.









No comments: