Sunday, July 29, 2012

Blocks, and Baseball, and Potties, Oh My!

Randy and Delaney try to build the world's largest block tower....

....and then Randy pretends to sneeze.

Maya has started hoarding Barbie dolls and brings her two bath Barbies into the pool with her. She usually needs about six at all times...but we try to talk her down to one for each hand. She has become quite obsessive about it. I think Maya is the only one year old who knows every Disney princess by name too.

Swimming with Grammy.

And Mommy.


Delaney loves to play any ball sports with her daddy and actually has very good eye-hand coordination. Something she definitely didn't inherit from me.

She hits her target almost every time. She has also gotten really good at kicking a soccer ball. I can't wait until the season starts this year! I think we actually might have some field action. :)

Maya loves her Grammy.

Uh oh....did we catch some picking??


Randy shows off our new pool chairs and cushions. We finally found the chairs after months of looking and then a month later finally found cushions we liked. Just like us to get all of this at the end of pool season.



Maya has become very interested in sitting on the potty. We are not rushing her like we did Delaney. With Delaney, we knew Maya was coming so desperately wanted to get her out of diapers before Maya's arrival. With Maya...there is no rush. Randy and I both don't mind changing her diapers at bit....and Maya actually gets her diaper and wipe for us and lies down on her mat and kicks her legs up in the air for us. Actually very cute. Maya is taking it upon herself to start this process. One night when Randy was out of town and I had both girls, I took Delaney to the potty before bed to do her book on the potty before her bed books. Maya came too and said "potty" so Delaney sat on the big potty and Maya on the little. Maya said "wipe" when Delaney was done and Delaney said "you don't need to wipe Maya if you didn't go pee pee" and Maya said "pee pee" and I looked in the potty and she had gone!!!! She was so excited and screamed "I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!" My baby girl............That night when I was putting her to bed, I said "Maya...don't get any bigger. Stay just like you are". She said, "I'm a baby and put her head on my shoulder". That she understood what I was saying means she isn't a baby anymore. Sniff.




A little Wii time with the girls. Disney got a Disney Princess game and a Rapunzel game for her birthday. The coffee table has become the Wii spot and Maya loves to watch her sister play.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss those girls..Maya is just changing way to fast!!!! :(