Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Disney Trip Day 1

After an 8 hour drive in my Jeep Compass with Randy driving, Grammy in the front, and me and the girls in the back with 8,000 electronic devices---we made it to Orlando!!! The drive really wasn't so bad--I think as the girls have gotten older car trips have gotten easier..or I have gotten smarter with my planning and accessories. Anyway--we made it to our resort, All Star Movies. I think I have been planning this trip casually in my head since Maya was born and really planning it for the past 6 months. Disney is truly my FAVORITE place in the entire world and I wanted everything to be perfect. The resort was fabulous with big Disney figures everywhere and totally kid friendly which of course is what Disney is all about. While we were checking in, the girls made themselves at home on the sofa in front of the TV playing Disney shows of course. Now---warning to the next five posts---there are a RIDICULOUS amount of pictures and I am posting them all. Because this was a trip that I never want to forget---I want to keep each pic and share them all. 


The star leading into the All Star Movies lobby with little Maya underneath.

The TV in front of the 101 Dalmatians wing at the resort. We were staying at the Mighty Ducks wing (what movie??) but the other building were Toy Story, Fantasia, and the Love Bug. The resort had huge figurines everywhere and the rooms were decorated to reflect what wing you were in.


We got to Florida around 4 and had time to go and check out Epcot that night. With all of my trip planning I knew that it would be too much to really do a resort when we got there so I figured we would go and get a quick meal and maybe a couple of attractions and then watch the fireworks. We were doing the Disney meal plan which was awesome. You pay one price before you go and you get one quick service meal (counter service) one snack (drink, chips, popcorn, etc...) and one table service meal each day. The portions at Disney are ENORMOUS and everything comes with a dessert which is fantastic. Maya didn't get her own meal plan because she was 2 during this trip. Again---genius trip planning on my behalf because kids are free at Disney until they are 3. They saved us big time on money and because the other meal portions are so big she always had plenty to eat. And she got to wear a "Happy Birthday Maya" button all week with every Disney employee wishing her a happy birthday so that was pretty cool.

The Seas at Epcot now has a Nemo theme which was awesome. Here are the "mine" birds outside.

Delaney in the shark's mouth.

"scary!!!!"


We just ran into our first character attraction by just passing by a building that said only 5 minute wait and we didn't even know what we were doing but we went in. The girls were beyond excited to see Mickey. The travel agent who helped us with our trip sent us autograph books for the girls to get signatures and they LOVED doing that.






Pluto time







Here starts a certain theme with characters. Maya starts checking them out very closely---mostly at their outfits. With Minnie it was: "she has on makeup". I don't think she could really believe Minnie was right there in front of her.




After this we went to a little restaurant in Epcot in China and then watched the fireworks. The girls were sleepy and Maya was a little scared of the sounds but it was amazing. 

No comments: