Sunday, June 29, 2014

Camp Fun and Juliet's Girls Weekend!!!

Sisterly love in the pool.

My friend Jennifer Rice Scrivener, that I have known since first grade, was in town visiting family and she brought her daughter Keely over to swim. Keely is a couple of months younger than Maya. Jennifer moved up to Maryland at the beginning of the year and had a baby named Sam a month ago. It was so good to see them and the girls had fun swimming together.



Tennis camp and dress like a Superhero at Camp Hawk Ridge!

Swim day at the Splash Pad at Saluda Shoals Park at Camp Hawk Ridge!

Last day of tennis camp at Rockbridge.

Maya insisted on wearing her swim cap.

Getting ready to leave for my first girls weekend since the girls were born. Yes...I will repeat that. I have not left my children for the weekend without my husband in six years. Holy crap. Yes, this all my fault because I am too clingy with them but I am putting on my big girl pants and doing it. Heading to North Myrtle!!!!!

The sand animals on the beach were pretty incredible.

Emily, Elizabeth, and I arrived first and we took advantage of a nice beach stroll before the other two arrived.






I kept checking the Hawk Ridge facebook page because it is always fun to see pics of the girls that they post. I caught this fabulous one of Maya at the splash pad. See that cutie patootie in the back ground wearing her little blue suit and swim cap? Love it.

This is basically how we spent the weekend.



It was Caitlin's birthday while we were there so we celebrated with balloons and chocolates and probably some more beverages.

The clouds were rolling in a lot and we had intermittent rain showers but we didn't let it stop our fun. We would go in for a while and play games and have some beer and then head out again.

We had such a wonderful weekend! Chatting and hanging out with a wonderful group of girls is so needed and so refreshing. I feel truly honored to have this group of friends (also Raven and Cheryl who couldn't make the trip). We all met from the first daycare, Trenhom Road United Methodist, and we are all very different girls but we have truly bonded just from our children being in the same classes. I hope we are like this for a long time!



No comments: