Thursday, August 21, 2014

First day of First Grade!!!

First day of first grade!! Mrs. Neely's class.



Not Maya's first day of 4K but she wanted a pic anyway. Her school starts in two weeks.


Delaney and her BFF Sally. They are not in the same class but we got their first day pics anyway!!

Delaney's class is in a portable this year. I was a little apprehensive but when I saw how neat and organized Mrs. Neely was I definitely changed my mind. It is kind of nice that they are isolated from the poor overcrowded Brennen and on their own. Brennen is an amazing school but there are definitely too many kids that go there. People move just to get into this sweet school. It seems like a small school but it is the most populated elementary school in the area. 

Maya had a little playdate with Sandy one day while I took Delaney to tennis. Super sweet.


Maya and I waiting at the bus stop for Delaney. Maya has Bitty on her back like her nanny Jennifer that she has until she starts school. Delaney chose to ride the bus and the bus stop is only three houses down from ours!! She was super excited and the bus driver Ms. Sonja is very nice. The bus experience was short lived. It lasted two weeks. Delaney has become quite a fairy fanatic and definitely loves the tooth fairy. She was talking about her fairy house that we built to capture fairies and the tooth fairy while waiting for the bus at school. Some older kids told her there was no tooth fairy. I stopped that nonsense by telling her that the tooth fairy would never visit mean little boys and girls and was that little girl mean? Delaney said yes. Well of course then she wouldn't visit her! Delaney asked if it was like Santa Claus not visiting the bad boys and girls? I told her absolutely. She is a true believer again. Anyhoo---she opted not to ride the bus soon after that. I think she was intimidated by the older kids. Her riding the bus was nice because Maya and I could just wait at home but I never want Delaney to be scared. Now Maya and I just continue to pick her up. No problem. I love that Delaney can still act like a tiny girl. And speaking of the fairy house---the fairies apparently love honey and chocolate and if Delaney leaves it for them she gets a treat---whether a dollar tree gift or flower. This has become quite a process for the mommy here but Delaney loves getting presents from her fairies. She is going to be a fairy for Halloween and is totally obsessed. :)



No comments: