Saturday, October 18, 2014

Oktoberfest, Ray Tanner Home Run, and the SC State Fair!!!

Delaney dancing with Anna Grace and Emma Painter at the Oktoberfest. 


A little solo Maya dancing at the Oktoberfest.



The girls found some friends for dancing at the Oktoberfest. I was mesmerized, or horrified, by the little girl who was dressed like a hoochie that of course Delaney wanted to be friends with. Yikes!




I did the Ray Tanner Home Run again this year and it was my first race back since my cervical hernia in March. I did the 12K and thought I did pretty well. It was a tough race though because somehow my six year old erased my ENTIRE ipod prior to the race without me knowing it. I got in the running pack before the race started and went to turn it on and there was nothing. I repeat....nothing. So not only had I not done a race since Thanksgiving last year but I had to run 8 miles in silence. It was tough---but I did amazingly well because I ended up getting 2nd in my age group and won a little baseball bell. :) Here is Ray Tanner himself monitoring the start of the kids run.

Maya participated in the Kids Fun Run but wanted me to help out. She was so excited about running!!!

We each got a medal.


My camera unfortunately had a smudge on it but here are the Roberts girls with Coach Tanner himself.

Maya loved the sno-cones post race.

Randy had taken Delaney to her soccer game and I was thankful Grammy was there and brought Maya. I was proud of Delaney though for choosing to play in her soccer game versus coming to the fun run.


There's my baseball bell award!!!!

My friend Kel-Z let me know that Krispy Kreme was doing a limited time Ghostbusters donut special in honor of the 30th anniversary of the movie. Of course I had to go and have a Mr. Stay Puft donut!!!!

Those little hats at Krispy Kreme make it all worth it.





My birthday tradition----going to the SC State Fair!!!

They didn't look happy here and unfortuantely Maya wasn't too happy riding the bumblebees because they scared her.


Right before this Delaney had a little accident where she was running to get on the swings and tripped and fell over a cord to the ride that was sticking way up. She flew into the concrete and tore her jeans and her knee was bleeding and her hands were bleeding. She was screaming and crying and we had to take her to First Aid at the fair. We also had to sign a waiver saying we would not sue the fair. I felt so bad for her. She cheered up though and while she was at First Aid Maya found a much more pleasant ride doing the little train.



We found a real fairy at the fair!!!!

Riding in the little cars was one of Maya's favorites.



Delaney loved the motorcycles.

Maya just watched the motorcycles.

The ferris wheel!!!




Seeing the Gamecocks football stadium from the ferris wheel is really neat.




More little cars for my sweet Maya.

Delaney on the flying kite ride which made her a little nervous.

Playing in the real fairy house...

.....with real fairy dust!!


Here is everyone at the fair.

Small, medium, large.


Delaney on the big slide.


Randy and Maya on the big slide.



Mr. Stay Puft made out of Legs at the Art exhibit at the fair.

The fun houses were a new and fun attraction for the girls this year. New as in new to them. Those things are older than dirt.


Randy and his girls on the carousel.

The girls loved this Fun House.


Checking out the games. I will say that I won the whack-a-mole that I do ever y year. Won a stuffed cow.

Taking a break from fun for some pizza!



There's my cow....




We ran into the Burts at the petting zoo area. Here is Maya and Lilly.



Delaney and Sarah Beth

Randy and a chicken.

Me and my momma at the fair.

Spinning the teacups!



Tired near the end of the night.

Ice cream treats!!

The next night I met Becky, Ann, and Jessica at Za's for some dinner. Ann landed her necklace in her wine. :)

No comments: