Monday, August 18, 2008

Delaney Goes to School

Okay. No picture to accompany but Delaney started daycare today. She is going to Trenholm Road United Methodist Preschool and it is a really good one. Her teacher is Miss Angela and she seems really great and laidback. I was a big girl when I dropped her off and she was really happy lying on the mat. I got a little weepy in the car and called Randy and he made me feel better and then asked if I was going to visit her at lunch. I sort of hesitated and he said that she was in an unfamiliar place today and it might make her feel good if we visited. I then thought, "Oh my God. She is in an unfamiliar place. What have I done to my daughter?".
I made it through the morning and rushed over there at lunchtime to find her fast asleep in her crib. Angela told me that she fought sleep all morning and had just gone to sleep at 11:45. I informed Angela that Delaney is a bit of a party animal and doesn't like to miss anything. She had also spit up on the outfit I brought her in and was wearing a new lovely little dress. Too bad it wasn't her lovely dress. Poor Angela had accidentally put Sarah Beth's outfit on Delaney. First days. They are rough for us all.
I will be rushing there after work. What time is it? 4 hours to go. I can do it.

No comments: