Monday, May 18, 2009

Running and Rainbows

I did the Providence Women's 5-Miler this past weekend for the third time. It was great!!!! My time was 40:48 which came out to 8:10 average miles. I came in 44th out of 590 and 11th in my age group. Whoopppee!!! We had to run up Gervais St. which if anyone knows that street, is pretty rough.
Delaney and Grammy wait for me to cross the finish line.

Watching me run 5 miles really wore Delaney out.

Delaney's new trick---crawling into furniture. The chopping block in the kitchen is an excellent hiding place.

After running 5 miles, Randy and I decide to insulate our attic. This was a hot and dirty job. We decided to grill out that night and after a hard rain, there was a beautiful rainbow. Running, really nasty work, and rainbows. Really good day.

Really really small picture of me running. There was an option to order pictures from the company that sponsored the run but they were expensive and I don't think I really need a pic of me looking determined and running with my face all red. I tried to copy the pic but because of copyright issue, this is all I got. If you have a magnifying glass, you can check me out.


****** Delaney's 1-Year Check Up!!!!!!!!
* She is now 29 inches long which puts her in the 47th percentile.
* She is 19 pounds, which puts her in the 19th percentile for weight. The child eats like a horse, but is a skinny minny.
Dr. Moore says she is doing awesome and should be walking any day now. Delaney had her first vaccines in her arm and was a brave girl. She screamed for one minute and then got over it when we gave her Cheerios. That's my girl.

No comments: