Sunday, May 24, 2009

Molars, Music, and Meerkats

At Delaney's one year old checkup, Dr. Moore predicted that Delaney's molars would be coming in soon. Boy was she right!!! Delaney hasn't been fussy, but she is not eating as much which is very strange for her, and she has turned into a total droolbucket. Poor little thing.


Delaney is definitely a future percussionist, just like her mommy. She jams out while playing the Balafon. The child definitely has rhythm.







Randy, Delaney and I went to the zoo this weekend. The weather was gourgeous and we had a blast!!!
I love these little meerkats.

We got to feed the giraffes and Delaney pet him somewhat gently on the head a couple of times.







Feeding the llama was great but that tongue was pretty nasty.

The goat wanted to jump over the fence almost to get to the food we were giving him.





The howler monkeys were awesome. I was making their sounds when we stopped by their islands the first time and Randy was looking at me like I was crazy. Then 10 minutes later, they started their "hoo hoo" and swinging all around and tight rope walking and Randy loved it! He understood why I was making those noises. Those monkeys are the best part of the zoo!

Randy fed the lorikeets for the first time. He looks a little uneasy here because those birds were peeing machines.

I went to dinner with the SAWWWS girls this weekend at this restaurant Rosso that was fabulous!!! We went to dinner to celebrate Seena getting into Columbia University where she will be studying theatre production and design. She moves to NYC in August and we will miss her so much but are so proud of her. I told her that if she had a small doormat I could sleep on that would be great. That's all I need for a place to stay with a good friend in New York!

No comments: