Monday, June 15, 2009

Cat Scratch Fever

This post is entitled "Cat Scratch Fever" because I swear I had it this past weekend. I wasn't feeling great Thursday night and woke up Friday with the chills, a fever, and my body aching like I had just a marathon. I didn't think it was the flu or anything, but I certainly didn't feel right. Randy and I looked up my symptoms online and came up with "Cat Scratch Fever". Now how did the scratch come about......?....About two weeks ago, Mia was trying to jump into the bed about 3 AM, and instead of grasping onto the mattress like she usually does, she grasped my arm with her claws. Well, she got lodged there for about 30 seconds and it gave me a couple of good scratches. Thank goodness I sleep like a zombie and barely noticed a thing when it was happening. Thanks to Dr. Darke and some Tylenol, I was feeling much better so I was able to enjoy my weekend.

Nana came over to babysit Friday night so Randy and I could go to "Larry's Family Reunion"---a fundraiser for the Nickelodeon theater at it's new location. Delaney is wearing her new Dora pajamas here. Randy and I did NOT get her these pajamas, because we HATE Dora. She is sooooo loud and demanding and irritating, and makes us insane. Anyhoo...Delaney loves her some Dora so we shall be tolerant. For a bit.

Larry's Reunion was a sketch show with different friends of Larry acting as family members. Here is Kim Harne singing "We Are Family". Joe played the piano during the show and Phil did his fabulous "Modern Man" monologue. There was a short documentary film during the program called "I Love Larry" which described Larry's journey with the Nickelodeon and a little bit about Larry himself. It was really fabulous and Delaney had a sweet moment during the credits with a clip of Larry holding her. The program was at the site of the new Nickelodeon theater and people had to bring family reunion type food. Well there were little smokies, tons of pimineto cheese things, lots of Fritos, and we brought a bucket of KFC labeled "Homemade chiken for Hembreee". We LOVED the show but it was about 110 degrees in there and with me having a 101 fever, we left at the intermission. The night looked like it was a great success for the Nickelodeon though!!!


If Delaney even hears the word "stomp", she whips out her right foot and gets going.


Delaney gives her duckie a hug and attempts to stomp at the same time


Delaney loves to push the lion at Grammy's house

1 comment:

Angie Sisk said...

May be too early to tell hand dominance, but Delaney definitely looks right leg dominant! She is just so adorable!