Monday, January 25, 2010

Paci Girl and Fractures

While driving home the other day, I turned around to find that Delaney had shoved two pacis into her mouth. She thought she was quite funny.

Do you think this is a sign that we should start now to try and get rid of the paci?

I shall try and make my fracture story short. Here we go: On Monday morning I went running like I usually do, and I rolled my ankle twice, which was unusual for me, but it didn't hurt and I continued on my run. This was at 5:30 AM. At 11:30 AM, I went to lunch with a friend and was fine walking to the restaurant. When leaving the restaurant, I was in so much pain I could barely breathe. I went back to work but could not function, and went to my doctor to see what was going on. He diagnosed me with a runner's stress fracture and said I would probably be okay in a couple of days. I went home with crutches and put an ice pack on my foot for several hours. Going to bed I was still in pain. The next morning when I woke up...all of the pain was gone!!! I think I am Spiderman----but Randy said I am like Wolverine who also heals quickly. Yay!!! I will not run for a week to continue the healing but so far so good!

Mom came over that night and she and Delaney played while I iced my foot.

Delaney likes to take apart one of her shape sorters and make them "hats" and she gave Grammy one while she made a quick phone call.

No comments: