Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dr. Wachter's Picnic

Dr. Wachter is an important person in my life for two reasons: 1) He was my principal at Rosewood Elementary School and left a lasting impression. He made every student feel like they were important. He would have a special lunch with each student during the school year where you ate lunch with him in his office and it was the best thing ever! Dr. Wachter called the 5th graders "sweathogs" and I waited 4 years to have that honor and then he decided to leave on a sabbatical during my "sweathog" year so I never got to be called that name. I would say I didn't forgive him but of course I did because of the second reason he is important in my life 2) He married Randy and I!!!

Dr. Wachter was the principal at Rosewood Elementary for 34 years and is retiring this year. They had a picnic at the school and there were hundreds of people there to honor him. It was quite amazing.

Delaney, mom and I enjoyed the beautiful weather.

Everything was so festive.

Dr. Wachter spoke to the group and introduced the new principal. I can't imagine stepping into those shoes. HUGE shoes to fill.



Randy and Delaney play their new game---spin the Delaney on the ground. Another word we have for it is "breakdancing".

No comments: