Saturday, May 1, 2010

Heart and Sole Run 2010

The Heart and Sole Run is a great event in Columbia each year that is a 5-mile run/walk for women's heart disease. I got a team together and we were the "Miss 5-Milers". Some of us wore tiaras and necklaces to be festive. I was unable to run (sad) because of pregnancy but my friend Liz and I walked it while the rest of the team ran. Let me just rephrase that I'm sure I could have run it but my dear sweet husband knows how competitive I am with running and that I wouldn't run slow and easy but would try to kick people's ass and that probably isn't the best thing to do when you are about 5 months pregnant.

The Miss 5-Milers: Becca, Cheri, Liz, Robyn, Katie, me, Mary, and little D in the stroller

They had great entertainment and volunteers on the race course. Cocky was there and for some reason Delaney was scared of him. Right after we walked by him she babbled about it for the next mile though.




When we got to the top of the hill heading down towards the finish line I let Delaney out of the stroller so she could run the race. She ran down the hill, holding my hand at first, and then took off running saying "I'M RUNNING!!!!!". She crossed the finish line and was just grinning from ear to ear and so excited. When we got home after the race she told Randy, "Daddy---I won the race". Watching her cross the finish line was a moment I will cherish. It was just so precious seeing her race across the finish line with all of these people cheering her on.




Okay---I know I am going back in time with this one but while I was ordering the Heart and Sole pics I ran into this one. I just thought it was a cool shot of me running the St. Patty's Day race this year. I think I was just feeling sentimental about running and really wanting to lately. Not only am I pregnant and can't run---but the main reason is my ridiculous feet. I have plantar fasciitis and a heel spur in my right foot and it is pretty darn painful if I do say so. I have been stretching, icing, whining, etc...but it really won't go away. I am looking into buying new shoes and other methods but I really miss running right now. I know that I stopped when I was pregnant with Delaney at about 6months so this is just a little earlier for me this time. Watch out world---I will be back running in January 2011!!!

No comments: