Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Job

We took the kids and the dogs to the park. It made me laugh that we tied up the poor doggies to the trash can.

Delaney's McDonalds playset that she got for Christmas came with a headset for those drive-in moments. Maya borrowed it for a little fun. "Can I take your order please?"



We have let Delaney take control of the "Red Bug" to make Olive crazy. It basically entertains both our child and our dog for hours.

Mom and I took Delaney to the ballet to see Cinderella. Delaney has become somewhat obsessed with ballerinas and with princesses in general and was so so excited.

We told her to look "up" for this picture. My oh so literal child.

Delaney wore her ballet outfit along with tutu to the show. She was so cute.

She was mesmerized and sat enthralled for the entire two hours. I have a feeling I have dance classes in our very near future.

Oh--and I haven't mentioned in my blog that I have a new job!! I started in mid January and it has been awesome. I knew I wasn't going back to my old job when I was pregnant---but they didn't know that. They thought I would be returning after my maternity leave. It feels so good to get that off of my chest now because it was so hush hush for so long. My old job had merged with a larger group at the hospital and it was not going to be good. Very different and not what I wanted for my career. My new job is a new pediatric clinic that just opened and I helped to get it started and organized and get the building into shape for opening. I could go on and on about it but I will just post the website and you can take a look for yourself. www.thetherapyplace.org
The website will be updated soon with new pics and everything so keep looking and checking it out. The clinic was started by two women who have children with special needs and the clinc is family based and really about the children and not about money and productivity, etc...that my old job was going to be. I am very happy. And very busy!!! For a new clinic that just started, we have kids rolling in the front door and it is wonderful. And I also have my good friend Liz there with me which is great. Liz is a speech therapist who worked with me at the old job and she also didn't want to stick around for the cluster it had become. My new job only has 5 employees and we are our own little family. Sweetness.

1 comment:

KLM said...

Congratulations on your new job! Glad to hear it is going well! Love the photos!! xo, Kim