Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Our Shirley House

Because we have friends and family all over the world, I decided to post pics of our new house until all of you get to see it in person. Kimmy and Suzianners---this is especially for you because of your special request. :)

Dining room---and please ignore messes as I take these pics. With two children, two dogs, a cat, and two frogs (and now a snail!!!) things can get messy and unorganized.

Front room/piano room

Front room with lots of family pics and mom's first edition book collection

Office----this is where I see the kids that come to my house for therapy. I pull in the little table from the girls' playroom and we are good to go.

Downstairs full bath

Playroom minus the little table and chairs


Kitchen with corner stove.


Breakfast nook

Living room


 Living room that shows how the house goes straight back and just flows. I love the kitchen being right off the living room. Makes it so easy while I am cooking. The playroom is right off of the kitchen too which is fantastic.


Back porch


Deck


Back yard

Randy's room/dog room/poker room/exercise room

Best laundry room in the world with tons of counter space, a sink, and a little bathroom off to the side.


BEautiful window in the stairway

Master bedroom with a little Mia thrown in

Showing built-in drawers in the master walk-in closet


Screen porch off of master bedroom

Bathroom with super tub and huge walk-in shower

Trying to show separate make up area. I thought this would help me more with my makeup application. Not so much.


Maya's sweet room

Girls' bathroom with a rubber ducky theme. They have about 4,000 rubber ducks in the bathtub from Mae West duck to Mr. T duck. It provides for hours of entertainment while bathing.

Mia's room/music room/not sure what to do with it room  but it has a train set and a balaphone and stores my therapy equipment so that works for me.

Guest room----come for a visit!!!!

Laney Loo's room

I think one of the many reasons I fell in love with this house was all of the built-in bookshelves---we have them in the living room, front room, both girls' bedrooms, and the guest room. I just kept picturing how functional they would be for the girls at any age. When someone overbid us on the house I just kept picturing the bookshelves and how I had already planned for them. Silly....I know.

Just wanted to show you the house. We LOVE LOVE LOVE it and will be here for a very, very, very long time so come visit us!!!!!

3 comments:

Su said...

Love it!! And yay, I got a shout-out! I love the hardwoods and built-ins. I'm really impressed with how settled you are. I'm thinking we will never, ever be unpacked and in order, which causes me to despair and go to bed rather than unpack a box or 10.

Unknown said...

Wine always helps with unpacking. :)

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful! You know what I love the most..I took a lot of those pictures in your living room!!!!!!! :)