Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patricks Day 2012

The girls got dressed up in their festive gear to watch me run the annual Get to the Green 5K.


Grammy wore her new "hat" to join us.



Before the 5K race started at St. Patricks Day they had some awesome music and a dancer who got down.

The fam after the race. I actually did quite good if I do say so myself. I think my time was 23:38, or something like that, but I got 6th in my age division which was out of 170 girls aged 35-40. Of course they only listed the top 5 in the winning categories so I missed it just barely!!!! I will be even speedier next time. I blame it on the fact that my playlist wasn't working and I had to listen to random music versus the specific tunes that I picked for running. There were so many people running and the weather was gorgeous. 


Delaney shaking it to some tunes after the race.

Grammy and Delaney do a little dancing after watching me run the 5K at St. Patricks Day. They were quite festive.



We celebrated with some bananas after the race waiting for the annual parade to start.

Delaney found some friends to run with her under the Hootie statue in 5 Points.



Maya wasn't feeling good so she found a good spot on Daddy's lap to watch the parade.

Delaney does a little hip shake while watching the St. Patricks Day parade. The girl was soooo excited during the parade and loved every minute of it

You can't see it from here, but Grammy bought Delaney some beads with a whistle because Delaney really wanted a whistle. Too bad the beads also said "Blow Me". How appropriate for a three year old and thank you so much Grammy. :)

Delaney gave love to just about everyone in the parade.


Blowing her whistle.

A little Elmo love.

Randy and I stayed with the girls until about 12 and then took them home for a while. Grammy came over to babysit and Randy and I got to be adults in 5 Points. We took our annual picture in front of Delaney's.

Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!!

No comments: