Sunday, April 15, 2012

Touch a Truck and Lick a Sister

The Junior League puts on this awesome event called "Touch a Truck" where kids can basically go and climb all over different types of cars and trucks like tractors, police cars, fire trucks, etc....It was out at the new Farmers Market this year and I took the girls.

I didn't think Delaney was going to love it as much as she did but she loved her some big trucks!!



Maya was a little nervous about the trucks but enjoyed wearing her hard hat.

I hope the first and last time in the back of a police car.





We ran into Libbie and Lucy there and the older girls got balloon animals made by a scary clown.

Maya got sticker decorated by Lucy. That's what happens when you sit passively in a stroller.

Delaney still loves spending time with Garlic the neighborhood cat.


"What are you doing Garlic?"

"Don't you want to come hug me?"


Wearing their matching Nana skirts, the girls sat in the swing for a bit.



They were really cute and cuddly while in the swing.










A sweet little moment in the swing on the top porch and both girls started giggling when Delaney started licking. Silly little things.
I took the girls to my friend Jessica's daughter Lorelei's birthday party. Jessica is my mom's oldest friend Pat's daughter. Pat was quite astounded at how much Delaney looks and acts like my mom. I called mom immediately afterwards to say now I know who definitely to blame when my child acts u p. Delaney was a bit of a demon at the party (no nap and busy weekend = outrageous behavior) but Maya was pretty darn cute with my shades on.



Somehow Maya figured out how to turn the video camera on with the iphone and taped herself checking herself out. Just makes me laugh...."bow"....Whenever you see her say "bubbles" it is when Lorelei was opening her presents and got bubbles and Maya had to go check it out.
After a mini nap in the car on the way back from Loreleis' birthday party in Newberry, the girls had some dancing time in the man/dog/poker room. I think Randy is beginning to realize that this room is now theirs too. :)



A little dancing in the dog/man/poker room. One girl is dressed as a mermaid. Why shouldn't she be...??
That night Becky had a shower for our friend Monica who is pregnant, moved to NYC last year, and is due with a little boy in June. It was so good catching up with friends and eating delicious shirmp and drinking delicious wine. Can't wait to meet the little man and hear his name!!!!!

No comments: