Thursday, August 15, 2013

Last Waterpark, Last TRUMPS, and Kindergarten Open House!!!!!

We decided to go back to Palmetto Falls one more time this season because we had so much fun the first time! Because it is at Fort Jackson it is not open to civilians on the weekends and this is our next to last Friday with Delaney before she starts kindergarten! Gulp!!

Maya once again enjoyed crawling around the baby pool.

Delaney getting dumped on while cruising around the lazy river.


The two bathing beauties enjoying the little fountains at the kiddie area.


A Four Cousin Sandwich!!!
Maya likes to spend most of her time in the pool running back and forth on the stairs. What makes it better is she talks about it..."I'm running!!!" "I'm running mommy!"
Getting on anyone's shoulders is not Maya's favorite thing.

My silly youngest child just doing some crazy laughing in the pool. Randy and his girls dancing briefly to the end of Boom Boom Pow. The three Roberts girls jam out to Dance Central a little Nicki Minaj Starships. I love Delaney's tongue while dancing and Maya and her little solo jam fest. Please ignore my dancing. It is so not cool.
Maya loves her Uncle Dave!
My two girls on the morning of their last day of Trenholm Road United Methodist Preschool (TRUMPS). Delaney is heading to kindergarten next week and Maya will be attending Shandon United Methodist Preschool (SUMPS) after Labor Day. If I haven't already told the reason, we are moving Maya because TRUMPS wanted to keep her in the 2's class again. Maya's birthday is September 20 and the cutoff for school here is Sept.1 so a lot of daycares have kids repeat a year. I didn't feel right having Maya repeat this year because she is very social and smart and there would be babies entering that class still wearing diapers and I felt like I would be doing her a disservice. SUMPS said she could enter the 3's class and I will keep her there for 3's and 4's and then attend their private kindergarten. She would then be tested to directly enter first grade. Now if she is not ready for any of these levels when getting to that point of course I would not push her but if she is ready then when not!! I think the girls will be happy being two year apart as well as far as friends and interests go. I know we would lose her to college a year sooner but we will be ready for her to leave at that point, right??
Now Delaney leaving the preschool is the moment I have been dreading for 5 1/2 years. It is wonderful to not have that tuition anymore but I feel like my little girl is growing up. I really can't stop crying...even crying right now as I am writing this. She is such a smart and sweet little girl and I know they all have to get older but I am not ready for this!!!!
Delaney and her silly little friends before their ice cream party at the last day of preschool. Hopefully we will be able to keep a lot of these girls together through various activities and get togethers.
Maya had a little party in her classroom too.
Lilly and Maya---otherwise known as Sarah Beth and Delaney Jr.
Kiss Jake Lilly!!!!
Delaney's ice cream party with her teachers Lisa and Sandy

"I have a big cup mommy!!!!"
Delaney giving hugs to Mady----they will be playing soccer together this fall though.

Delaney giving hugs to Anna Leah---not sure if we will see her again unless Delaney does the summer camp at TRUMPS next year. MOST of her friends will be doing it so I will decide later. Put her on registration list already. Not sure if I want to work so much during summers because, as I stated earlier, I cry a lot about my girls growing up and would like to work it out so I could spend more time with them. The TRUMPS summer program is really awesome though and Delaney would have a blast. Put Maya on list to be in 3's room next summer as good option for her with Miss Kim. It's a year away though so I don't need to obsess until at least November or so. :) Blake in green shirt will also be playing soccer with Delaney.
Hugs to boyfriend Roper!!

Delaney and one of the most adorable children ever...Abby. Her mom Heidi is fabulous too and I have loved getting to know them. Abby will be attending summer program at TRUMPS.
Little Libbie in background. Because me and Caitlin, Libbie's mom, are good friends....there are no worries about these two spending time together.

Maya and her teacher Mrs. Caitlyn.
Maya and her teacher Ms. Maritza. I know that her two teachers LOVED them some Maya Waya Presley Roberts and Maya truly loved going to school there. I hate that she couldn't stay but some things happen for a reason. I was not happy with one of Delaney's 4's teachers AT ALL and she actually just got switched to be a co-teacher with Miss Kim in the 3's. Soooooo......things happen for a reason and I am glad Maya is leaving now. Two girls with two new schools.


Mrs. Vickie was always one of our favorites and I and the girls will truly miss her.
There are no words to state how much we all love Miss Kim. LOVE LOVE LOVE her and she LOVE LOVE LOVES my girls. Tears pouring down face now. She is a truly remarkable teacher and person and I will miss her a lot.

Maya's BFF Abby.

Delaney and one of her besties Sally who is in her classroom at Brennen. We had orientation that night and the two girls are in Mrs. Painter's room. Mrs. Painter is actually a friend of Raven's who is Sally's mom. The girls were like Tweedledee and Tweedledum at the orientation....being truly obnoxious. As I am writing this during the second week of school I can say that they stopped their silly behavior during school hours thank goodness. I am so glad Sally is with Delaney. She is adorable and I hope the two stay close for a long time.
Sporting the new Brennen shirts!!!!
Delaney had a little whine about something though...
My big going to kindergarten girl!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: