Sunday, May 18, 2014

Water Time, Piano Time, and Dance Time

First pool day of the year!!!


My cutie pie at water day at her preschool-Shandon United Methodist. 

I dropped in to see what fun they were having. Possibly the best preschool year in the world but I find it interesting that no other parents were there to check on their little ones. How can you resist seeing what fun they have? Maybe it's me....I want to be around them all of the time.


Maya and Sandy

A little bouncy/ball castle was there with the sprinklers.

Evie 

Zeke and Maya


Two peas in a pod




The class picture! 

On the last day of school Maya got to wear her pajamas and they were watching Frozen. Maya requested Ilsa hair.


The wonderful Mrs. Ashley. She was no nonsense with the kids but had a little soft spot for my Maya. Maya absolutely adored her. She was also the early morning teacher so Maya got a little extra attention.

The wonderful Mrs. Becky. She was also hugs and snuggles and Maya absolutely adored her and I think Mrs. Becky adored Maya. These two teachers made for an amazing first year for Maya at Shandon United Methodist. They gave the kids each a CD that had hundreds of pics from their entire school year. I was trying not to obnoxiously cry while watching it with Maya at home.

Dress rehearsal for the Peter Rabbit ballet! Here are the white cats from Delaney's ballet class.



Maya and Sandy at their dress rehearsal that night.

The silly white cats. I volunteered to be the mom for the white cat group during rehearsal. Randy came to get Maya and I stayed with the ballerinas. It was a long rehearsal out at Spring Valley High School but the girls were troopers and were very well behaved. I can't wait to see the ballet!!!

My little pianist warming up before her big piano recital.


Delaney rocked it out at her third piano recital. She taught herself to play the Imperial Death March from Star Wars and then played a duet called Rainforest. Love her Princess Leia hair.
The all important bow at the end.



Sleeping Beauty with a gun. Watch out world.


Morgan and Dave.

That's a face.

Oh that's better.

Maxie and Ryan checking out Delaney's mothers day book she made for me. I believe that is me lying in bed but it looks a little odd so it is amusing.

The Tweedledees before their big performance.



After the big show!!! No photography or videos were allowed during the performance so I had to buy a video. No comment about that one but of course I bought it. The girls did wonderful! A lot of Maya's group didn't dance and just stared off but Maya did amazingly well.

Lilly came to see her friend dance. She was a little happier before this picture. 





After a pizza break it was time for Delaney's ballet!!!







Again--no pics or video but Delaney did wonderful!!! Her poise and elegance are amazing to me and I am so proud of my little ballerina for doing so well. She was wanting to do jazz or tap next year before the big ballet and this changed her mind. I am so happy she will be taking ballet again. Her teacher is really amazing and I think it will help Delaney with her coordination and it is also very structured and disciplined which is good for her.






No comments: