Thursday, April 2, 2015

Egg Hunts and the Circus

Maya all ready for Easter Egg Hunt at school. One of her classmates at school lives nearby and invited her class for Easter Egg hunt at their house. Maya was super excited! 





After school we went by Trenholm Road United Methodist. This is where the girls used to go to preschool. They have the most beautiful tulips there.




















Going to see Libbie as an Oompa Loompa in Willy Wonka at Town Theater. It takes a special friend for me to go to one of the kids productions at Town Theater.

Some of our friends live in a neighborhood that does a great Easter Egg Hunt so I took the girls to it. 


It was a madhouse with kids everywhere and basically all several hundred of the eggs were found in 10 seconds. Delaney was taking it literally at first because they said to return the plastic eggs to big bins and I had to loudly state to her during the hunt to keep searching and put the eggs back when it was over!


Not so creepy Easter Bunny pic.




Grammy got the girls these hysterical froggy bonnets. I know the pics are fuzzy but they are too funny.





Mom babysit the girls on her birthday morning of spring break because they didn't have school and I needed the help and they went to the Dollar Tree around 9 AM for some really healthy snacks. Like ice cream.

Delaney loves her Mia so much.



Maya has to show off her new gymnastics outfit. It helps her be a super star in her gymnastics class.

Ringling Brothers Circus here I come! Now I haven't been to the circus in years because I could be slightly scared of clowns....but I decided to be a big girl and go with Randy and the girls this year. 




They had all kinds of entertainment on the floor before the circus started. It was great fun! Delaney joined in a little jump rope.

Seeing this elephant up close was amazing.

He painted a picture,


and ate loaves of bread for a treat,



Messy headed Maya with her daddy.


The elephant then hula hooped,

and played soccer. There were all kinds of animal activists out front talking about the animal cruelty at a circus and I am all for animal rights and loving animals, etc.....but I really think these animals looked happy. The elephant was smiling and the trainers are very affectionate and kind to them. 

Delaney walking a tightrope.

Delaney's future career as a circus performer was conceived here.


I am a little worried Delaney might want a future career as a circus performer after seeing this girl. She loved her.



The female human cannonball.

Dancing elephants. They were my favorite part. Apparently Ringling Brothers is stopping the use of elephants in 2016 or 2017. I think that is sad. Maybe I am ignorant but they seem happy and they are an amazing part of the show.



The tigers. They were incredibly awesome too. All in all, I was really pleased with the circus! They clowns weren't the really scary kind and I really enjoyed the talent of all the acrobatic performers. I think I will go back next year!

No comments: