Saturday, November 29, 2008

Eating and Running and Eating, Oh My!

<
This week Delaney tried real food. This is her trying peas. Delaney is definitely not a fan of peas. But honestly, who really is?

Green beans were a much bigger hit.

Randy, Delaney, and I did the 5K walk called the Jingle Bell Trot at Saluda Shoals park on Tuesday night. The lights were absolutely incredible. They were about a thousand people there and everyone was festive with hot chocolate and sleigh bells. I think this will definitely be a family tradition.

Speaking of traditions, I did my annual Turkey Day run on Thanksgiving morning. Now considering I had been sick for a week and hadn't run or gone to the gym or anything---this was a big feat. It was a 5 miler so that is basically enough in itself. I was a trooper though, and did the run. BUT, my stinkin' I-pod died after 2 songs in. Now some people might enjoy running in quiet and looking at nature and all of that nonsense...but not me. It was absolute hell. But I made it. My time was a little higher than normal, but considering the factors going in...I was quite proud of my self.



We spent Friday night at Jackie's house doing Thanksgiving. Delaney was a bit cranky because she didn't nap good and then was overwhelmed by the people and everything...but the food was delicious and the company was great.


Grammy and Nana pose before stuffing their face with stuffing.


***Oh, and the winner so far in the veggie category is....SQUASH!!!!! We will be trying sweet potatoes tonight. And yes....I am continuing to make my own. Makes me happy. :)









No comments: