Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day 2011

The fam never gets their picture taken together so we self-timed one in the kitchen.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Maya wore her doo-rag to celebrate.

Laney loo with a not so happy face.

And then with an oh so happy face with her "Just a wee bit Irish" shirt on.

Lots of accessories are required for the big St. Pat's Festival in 5 Points.



Here is the start of the 5K race to start off the festival. There were about 1700 runners there. It was awesome! Randy's brother Dave and I ran while Randy hung out with my mom and the girls at the finish line.



Grammy and the girls. Grammy loves St. Patty's Day and was dressed to impress but mostly happy to get to see her favorite girls in the world.

My entire goal that day was to beat Dave in the race because he has been bragging lately about being such a good runner and doing 6 minute miles etc...blah blah blah. Well---I must say that I beat him by a minute. He sprinted off at the start and about at mile one I passed him and said "PEACE!" and took off. Woo hoo!!!! I ended up coming in at 23:45 and was the 35th woman in out of about 900. I thought that was pretty darn good if I do so say myself.

Chewing on daddy's shot glass necklace.





The first St. Patty's Day can be quite exhausting.

For the older child too....she laid down on the ground several times. I guess the pavement looked comfy.

Wake up---it's parade time!!









Everyone went back to the house and then Grammy stayed to babysit the girls. Randy and I had not had a festive St. Patty's Day in a while so we took full advantage on taking the annual Car Bomb shot. This was Dave's first time partaking in this fun.

The weather was absolutely gourgeous.

Getting a little silly.



A little squishy kiss for my sweet baby when I got home.

***Yay!!! It was an awesome day and we all had a blast. Already looking forward to next year!!

1 comment:

KLM said...

What a beautiful family! Love the new header photo :) Congrats on your race finish! Glad you guys are doing so well..... xo Kim